Forum's Fall Meeting Oct. 4-5, 2018
Mark your calendar, make your reservations, and check those passports - The ABA Forum on Construction Law’s Fall Meeting is traveling to the historic city of Montreal, Canada on October 4-5, 2018. With direct flights from many U.S. cities, Montreal is easy to get to, and offers a wonderful cosmopolitan venue in the largest French-speaking city in North America.
To Register: http://ambar.org/FCLFall18
Our program, It’s Lonely At the Top: Building a Successful Team with the Owner, takes a 360° view of a project and focuses on best practices for building a successful project team and how to address the inevitable challenges that arise. Topics include:
- project delivery: who’s using what, and the implications for your project
- public private partnerships (PPP)
- effectively assessing risk and negotiating contract and subcontract clauses
- construction financing and insurance/bonding
- tips and best practices in proactively addressing delays and disputes as the owner
- effective dispute resolution tactics and technical considerations when facing the owner
- grappling with corruption in procurement and construction – ethics and evolving practices
Beyond the Program
But there is MORE! Stay right in the heart of the city at the LeCentre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, steps from historic sites, the Underground City, charming Old Town, and the nearby vistas of Mount Royal. Take advantage of the favorable exchange rate for great shopping on nearby Saint Catherine Street. Join your colleagues at the celebrated Windsor Station for a Welcome Reception soirée!